Our application for the second phase of the Ellen Street development (the Ellen Street car park) has now been validated by Brighton and Hove City Council.
The application reference is BH2022/01605 and the details can be viewed on the council website here.
Our phase 2 plans to extend the already consented Ellen Street development include:
- 82 residential flats for rent in a mix of sizes
- 381 sqm of commercial floorspace located at ground floor on Ellen Street and Goldstone Street
- A local Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) payment in the region of £1,063,692
- Significant public realm enhancements along Ellen Street, Goldstone Street and Conway Street: pavement widening, new surfacing, new pedestrian crossings, new street trees and new seating
- A net biodiversity gain
- A car free development promoting sustainable transport
Watkin Jones gained planning consent for Phase 1 of the Hove Gardens regeneration (1-3 Ellen Street) in October 2020. We are delighted to be able to bring forward plans for Phase 2 on the adjacent car park on Fonthill Road to provide additional build to rent homes and commercial space.
To read more about our proposals, head to the Our Proposals page.
Community engagement & consultation
As with the first phase of Hove Gardens, we committed to open and genuine consultation with the local community. We held two public exhibitions in August 2021at Ralli Hall, 81 Denmark Villas.
To find out more, head to the Consultation page.